Friday 25 January 2008

Wish List


The new Spring catalogue from Mini Boden arrived yesterday and it’s filled with beautiful pictures of beautiful children, being happy in beautiful happy clothes. In my life before debt awakening I would have splurged a couple of hundred pounds on stuff for Peanut [easily done I assure you], rationalised to myself in a number of ways:

  1. She’s always growing so always needs new stuff each time a new season rocks around. Last year’s just won’t fit anymore.
  2. Because I feel a slight competitive ‘Mini Boden panic’ as they sell out of the best stuff if you don’t order it as soon as the catalogue arrives [believe me, they do].
  3. Then there was my old justification that as I worked full time I needed to be able to order her clothes online, and Mini Boden was a great reliable source of them. When I couldn’t get near a store of any kind, or husband couldn’t be dragged near one, internet ordering was easy and slightly removed from any sense of parting with real money. Probably why debt was accrued in the first place!
Sadly I can’t order stuff from the new catalogue as I now live within strict budgets to keep me on the straight and narrow. They’ve been in place since last June and they’ve worked a treat. We’ve cleared one of my loans and should clear the other one later this year, nearly 5 years ahead of time. Pretty good going for two easily led shoppers.

Despite not being able to buy them, I decided to share with you all the beauty of Mini Boden. I selected my 6 favourite pieces, all of which I would order if I could. And maybe, if I can narrow it down to my most favourite/most likely to be worn loads of times, I’ll allow myself to buy her just one. Here endeth my Mini Boden fantasy. Enjoy!

2 comments:

lattemommy said...

Very cute! I'm not familiar with the line - German, maybe? I'll have to check them out.

I'm terrible for buying my kids all new clothes with each season, too. Although, in my defense, I don't think the old stuff would fit them, even if I did drag it out.

If you're going to pick one thing, I'd go for the swimsuit. Adorable!

Agnes Miller said...

They're from the UK. They only have 1 store, which I've never been to, but they're quite popular in the wanna-be-yummy-mummy-brigade. They're not cheap but they're not ridiculous. Though it's easy to get carried away which is when it adds up.

Not sure if they're available overseas but I do love clothes that are bright and cheerful for her, with a slight twist of fun.

Swimsuit? Maybe, but in cold England it'll probably hardly ever get worn. The pedal pushers are most practical [covering her knees at nursery] but I do like the shorts, and the sandals, and then there's the dress...