Monday 7 January 2008

On her 9th life?


Last week our cat suddenly, out of the blue, couldn't walk straight and kept falling over; much like a drunken tramp.

A visit to the ‘animal doctor’ concluded it could either be an inner ear infection [which would clear up within 24 hours] or a brain tumour/seizure etc [which wouldn’t].

Unfortunately, it didn't clear up the next day. We were still pleasantly surprised by her recovery however; after a couple of days our hope returned and we thought she'd got it licked.

We were wrong. On Saturday night she came over all wobbly again. She seemed reasonable yesterday but I know all logic points to it not being a positive outcome.

She usually annoys me [can't bear the sound of licking] but this past week hasn’t been very nice. I feel terrible for her, she's not in any pain but it's still horrid to watch someone's demise. I also know that all the love and care I’m giving her now is too little too late.

And to top everything, Peanut adores her so I have no idea how to cross that bridge. Cue one very upset little girl. Suggestions on a postcard please.

[Does anyone think this is perhaps why Peanut is having issues right now? It crossed my mind earlier].

No comments: