Tuesday 22 January 2008

Rush hour


It’s only Tuesday but it feels like all I’ve done this week is rush. First thing in the morning I rush to get ready and get out on time. Then it’s a rush to the nursery. Rush to the station. Rush to the office, only to be greeted by nonsense requests from all angles. Fight one fire after another. Not have enough time to do everything that needs to get done. Feel I need to work faster, to get more done in less time, to do more, now, yesterday. Rush out of the office again to make it to the nursery before closing. Rush to the station, onto the train and rush [as fast as my little legs will carry me] to the nursery. Rush home. Keep a tired and hungry Peanut happy. Read to her. Sit with her until she sleeps. Eat. Post. Crash. And then all again tomorrow…are you sure I can’t retire yet?

No comments: