Saturday 12 January 2008

Counting the days


Husband and I have been trying to make a baby for precisely 24 days; no luck so far but no definite negative yet either. Before we kicked off proceedings I suggested we buy an ovulation testing kit, however at more than £20 we both figured it was an expense we could avoid, especially when we hadn’t given it a go on our own yet.


Last night, when husband came home all loved up [and slightly happy on beer] he announced he reeeeaaaally wants a baby. So much so he wants to try the ovulation thingy too.

This morning, in the cold light of day, we again agreed it would be silly to splurge the cash. At least, not until we are a couple of months down the road without success.

It’s hard to know what’s the right path to follow. I don’t want to throw money down the drain but then I do want to get pregnant. And today would be nice. Will I regret not buying a kit if I’m still not pregnant in six months? Probably. But we’re not under any great time pressure so it wouldn’t really matter if it did take that long. Or so I tell myself.

So anyway, I did some research on the internet this afternoon about the different ways of checking for ovulation. Right now I’m going to stick with plain old maths. Which means next month I’ll have to schedule reward nights with more accuracy - I’m sure husband will be thrilled at the military precision coming his way!

Looking back on dates for this month, there’s a chance we may get lucky but it looks like my parents sleeping in the next room was smack in the middle of our best chance to conceive. Wonder if they realise they were preventing the creation of their 5th grandchild? Only time will tell.

No comments: