Friday 18 January 2008

Teacher, teacher, am I pregnant?


Well, my visit to the school went reasonably well yesterday. I didn’t embarrass myself and I tried my best to appear respectable and ask sensible questions. I wish husband had been there though as the only people on the tour with me were a very upright, church-going, married couple. It’s a church school so I was feeling a little exposed, looking like a single mother at this point. I kept trying to make sure my ring finger was blinking away at them all!


Nothing more can be done now so we just have to wait and see. Apparently they have 4 applications for each spot so competition is tough. And, I’m sure, made even tougher by the fact that the school just got a Grade 1 in its Ofsted Report: ‘outstanding; exceptionally and consistently high’.

And then there’s bubba watch, or my phantom pregnancy, whichever it may be! Still no sign of Aunt Flo so I have my wee stick ready for tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow is day 35 so it could still be considered too early to test. However I found out I was pregnant with Peanut on exactly the same day so I know it’s possible. If negative tomorrow and still no visit from Aunt Flo by day 40, I still think I would test again. After that, who knows what I should do – maybe my cycle has stopped altogether and I have zero chance of conceiving! But let’s not go there.

Right now, I’m 50% hopeful and 50% thinking it’s all in my head. Soon it’ll be time to go to sleep and hopefully I’ll dream sweetly until I wake tomorrow morning…

2 comments:

lattemommy said...

Hi there! Found you from your link to my blog. Thanks for the linky love, by the way! Took a look around, and I've enjoyed your posts. I'm hopeful for your pee on the stick event tomorrow! Good luck! Keep us posted.

And how's your cat doing? I'm a cat lover - I was sad to read that she's got the wobblies.

Agnes Miller said...

You're welcome, glad you liked my ramblings. I'd be delighted for you to return the linky love, if that's ok too?

Wee stick and cat update coming later today I promise...

Agnes. x