Sunday 13 January 2008

About Peanut

Two weeks of rambling have passed since I began this blog and I’ve posted lots about trying to make a baby brother or sister for Peanut [as well as a bunch of trivialities about myself]. So I thought it was about time I wrote some more about Peanut herself.

She is due to turn 4 early this summer and believe me when I tell you she’s counting the days until her birthday when she will “get presents and have a birthday party with all her friends”.

I’ve managed to escape having a children’s party so far [one where her nursery friends are invited]. To date we’ve just had a mini-party for family; this year however is the big one. After this year, there’s no going back. Bouncy castles, face painting, party bags…here we come!

With long curly blonde hair and a dimple on her cheek, she is adorable. One day she may well break hearts but I hope to raise her to show respect to herself and others, have confidence in herself, believe she can do anything and hopefully not be shy like I used to be.

I have no idea if our parenting will lead to all these things; we just take each day as it comes. Right now she loves singing and dancing as much as she loves football and wrestling with her daddy. She puts on play make up and then wears a t-shirt with a pirate skull on it. I want her to be gorgeous and I want her to be cool. I want her to be a girl but I want her to be strong. I want her to be happy.

2 comments:

Le Bec said...

Dontcha know? That's the only reason to have friends! All the presents! :lol:

On a serious note, raising her to have respect for herself really worries me. How am I meant to give her something I don't really have myself? Yikes!

Agnes Miller said...

It's a rose-tinted idealistic bubble I live in!

I like to daydream I'll raise her to be strong and happy, rather than thinking I'll screw her up.

If I end up doing that, I can only apologise and pay for therapy!

Agnes.