Saturday 5 January 2008

Over for another year


Our very real, very 9ft, Christmas tree has finally had its pretty ornaments removed and been dragged by its hind legs outside.

While I’m not going to miss clearing up the needles it had the audacity to drop on the carpet, I am going to miss how cosy it made everything feel. I also liked how it made our window the most festive in the street [not that I’m competitive, well maybe just a little].

With 300 twinkly white lights and a grown up gold and white colour scheme it was a little bit Martha Stewart as well. Or so I thought. Having watched 'Elf' on near permanent loop recently [Sky+ rocks] Peanut has asked a couple of times where the rest of our decorations are. Thanks to Buddy I think next year I’m going to have to make some pretty white paper chains as well.

I’m not sure where our tree will end up; all I know is the council collect it. I don’t like to think of it heading to the chipper so probably best not to contemplate the after life.

Having said that, if the chipper means recycling I’m all for it.

No comments: