Tuesday 1 January 2008

Getting to know me


Hello again, and Happy New Year!


It’s the first day of 2008 so there’s no better day to invite the world into my little corner than today. Start as you mean to go on I say!

I’m your average early-thirty-something married woman with a small daughter, living in the south of England. I work in publishing but wish I had the financial freedom to stay home and bake cakes with her.

Here are some other random things about me to break the ice:

My husband is an athlete.
My daughter is amazing.
I really love my mum and dad, they rock.
I have an older brother though we’re not especially close.
I have a cat, she can be annoying but I wouldn’t want her to leave.
Ssshhh, don’t tell anyone, but beneath my all-around-the-world accent I was born in Wales.
I don’t play so well with others, I try but I always worry they don’t really like me.
My favourite movie is 'Good Will Hunting'. Like Will, I also worry the people I love will leave me.
I’m a really fussy eater.
I have an insatiably sweet tooth – savoury must be followed by sweet, it’s a life rule.
I love my sleep, always have. My doctor has tried to find a medical reason for my tiredness but there doesn’t seem to be one.
I have a tendency to be lazy but don’t tolerate it in others too well.
I’m shamefully unfit but still weigh 8 stone. Bitch.
I get too many headaches.
I don’t tan, I barely even freckle. I love being golden but it’s such hard work.
I’m only 5ft 1 so I really should wear heels but I just can’t, they hurt. Ballet pumps, Converse and Uggs rule the day.
I’m a secret fan of pop music [my husband hates this thing about me].
My first love was Matt Goss, my second was Jordan Knight.
I wish my husband would learn to dance with me, I’m not sure he realises how sexy it is.
I wish I could sing.
As of last week, we’re actively trying to make baby number 2. Wish us luck.

A.

No comments: