Thursday 24 January 2008

An apology


To my husband. For being grumpy, melancholy, insular, quiet, demanding, easily displeased, nit-picky, over-emotional, un-emotional, disinterested, self-absorbed. For being all those things over the last few days, I’m sorry.


Sometimes it’s hard to hide how I feel, hard to brush over it and be chipper. Sometimes I don’t want to brush over it. Sometimes I want to wallow in it and for you to notice my wallowing and do something fabulous to make me feel better. If left to my own devices I’ll continue to wallow, refusing to get back on the saddle and carry on.

I know I set my baby-making expectations too high and I want the perfect future now. I know I hate going to work because I want to be home with Peanut. I know I hate going to work even more because it’s causing actual physical pain. I know none of this is your fault and none of it you can fix either. Just let me wallow sometimes. Other times, just make me a cup of tea and give me a hug. Knowing you’re not frowning at me, that you’re on the rollercoaster with me, will be enough to make it all slip slide away.

I love you.

p.s. big HUGE congratulations on your team kicking ass the other night. Dinner and beer will be served this evening, I’ll even be washed with brand new hair just to dazzle you.

2 comments:

lattemommy said...

Hubbies are understanding, most of the time. I'm sure no apology was really necessary. However, in any instance I do find that a hot meal and beer tends to soothe all wounds.

Agnes Miller said...

A hot meal, beer plus a new game for his Wii worked a treat!