Saturday 16 February 2008

What's a girl gotta do...


…to get pregnant these days? While I don’t have hard evidence either way, I can just feel I’m not. I can feel Aunt Flo packing her case for her visit in the not too distant future.


I may be wrong, and frankly I’d be delighted to eat my own words, but the pointers are all starting to face the same direction. I’ve had a little bit of lower back ache and the occasional lower tummy twinge. The biggest indicator by far though is that I was in an absolutely fine mood this morning and then, just like flicking a switch, I became melancholy and irritable in a flash early this afternoon.

Signs do not look good.

Which quite frankly sucks, as we’ve made a concerted effort to get pregnant this month. We’ve been ‘trying to make one’ at least every other day just like the books recommend, and I’ve even been taking a folic acid/multi-vitamin every day.

The sensible side of me knows there’s nothing wrong with how long its taking, I also recall it took two post-pill visits from Aunt Flo before I got pregnant with Peanut so we’re still ahead of that timeline.

However, I also know I was 29 when I got pregnant the first time and in two weeks I will be 34. It just feels like a big difference, but then maybe I’m looking for reasons we could be failing.

But then, you never know, it may not be PMT that hit me this afternoon. It may just be that my husband was annoying me! Only time will tell which way the pendulum will swing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't want to get your hopes up, but for both lance and new baby, I waited forever to take a test because I thought my period was about to start which it never did. I had convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant because I had PMS symptoms and felt like it was going to start at any second. If you aren't pregnant hang in there, it will happen soon.

Unknown said...

I remember being quite upset when I didn't get pregnant in the first months of trying. Luckily, I was pregnant a week later, but I'd have been REALLY upset if it hadn't taken then. Good luck!