Monday 4 February 2008

Peanut-isms


I didn't make it home from work today until it was past Peanut's bedtime so in her honour, and because it will make me smile, here are some of the funny things she says or the funny ways she says them.

If I tell her off and she doesn't like it, she says:

You sad me now.

When she wants me to recount the details of her day in a third-person bedtime story [always starts 'One day there was a little girl called Peanut...'], she says:

Tell me little girl.

Her wish list for 4th birthday presents:

A piano, a trumpet and a remote control.

Cute mispronunciations:

Banklet instead of blanklet
Chimley instead of chimney
Moosic instead of music
Flies instead of lies


She has a habit of adding extra bits to words she's trying to say, I have no idea why as she can't read and can only be learning from what she hears [which is not what she says!], here's just a few:

catch-ed me instead of caught me
hurt-ed me instead of hurt me
got-ed me instead of got me
fetch-ed me instead of fetched me


I know these things don't mean anything to anyone else but Peanut is the centre of my world and I love her more than she’ll ever know. So instead of wallowing in my inability to get home in time, I'm instead celebrating her loveliness.

And as much as I want her to sleep in tomorrow, I also can't wait for her to wake up.

4 comments:

lattemommy said...

Wow, you summed up my world in your last line. I feel the same way every day.

Motherhood is funny, isn't it?

Unknown said...

That was a darling post. Thanks for sharing!

Pandora Wilde said...

I dare you to get her the trumpet ~evil grins~

Agnes Miller said...

In our tiny home a trumpet is probably a better option than a piano but then again, perhaps not!

She already has a real violin [courtesy of my cousin, thanks!] which sounds more like screeching.

She does love music though so I guess I shouldn't discourage. : )