Sunday 17 February 2008

Cabin fever


Some weekends we're really busy, rushing from a to b. Other weekends we have so little to do we don't know where to begin. This weekend was one of those.


Back in the days when financial frivolity was the norm, I'm sure we would have made a list of things we needed and places we needed to go. After all, there's no bigger fix for boredom than buying something new and lovely, and the ensuing rush from taking that item home to play with and admire.

Except we don't live like that anymore. Apart from our grocery shop on Friday, and asking next door's builder to fix a broken bit of our footpath yesterday, we haven't been near anywhere that required us to part with money.

Which is great for our bank balance but not always so great for our minds. Husband always gets cabin fever on a Sunday if our weekends are too quiet. Despite a busy day yesterday [football with his nephew in the morning and a family walk in the great outdoors - lake & forest - in the afternoon] he was still grumpy quite a bit today. I called him McFrosty this evening but I don't think he got the reference.

As for me, my mood has been surprisingly ok today so maybe my optimism can hang in there a little while longer. After all, there's only room for one person with pmt!

Day 27 tomorrow...

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hear ya. My weekends been similar only because my husband is STILL sick and it's starting to wear ME out! Great job on keeping a positive spirit!