Wednesday 6 February 2008

Bugadoo or Bugadon't?


Does anyone have good or bad reviews to share about the Bugaboo Gecko? I'd really like one for Baby Number 2 but have no actual experience of handling it and need to convince husband we need one!


I want one for three reasons [ok, maybe four]:

1. they look compact and easier to get around small spaces than the enormous 3-wheeler we had first time round [it’s also half the weight of our 3-wheeler so I’m thinking it won’t be as hard to get in and out of the car].

2. I really want a carrycot next time, rather than my baby being squashed into a car seat attachment.

3. I’m not sure why but babies always look so comfortable in the pushchair seat, so laid back and content. I always found with Peanut she sat further forward than the seat would allow and therefore wasn’t resting her back.

4. Ok, ok, a little bit of me wants one because they're cool.

Any advice or suggestions?

4 comments:

lattemommy said...

Wish I could help, but I've never tried one. I currently use a Phil and Ted's EQ3. I love it because it's a single stroller , but it has an optional second seat that mounts in the back. The Princess doesn't always want to ride, so I don't have to deal with the awkwardness of a double stroller with only one child in it.

It's a great stroller, but you might find it too big and heavy.

Unknown said...

My only experience is with double strollers, however, if you can afford it, buy it. All the yuppy moms downtown use them - they must be good! Of course, it always pays to research if you're on a budget.

Agnes Miller said...

Thanks! Totally on a budget but totally surrounded by...I wouldn't call them yuppy mummies, more blinging mummies [tanned, perfect hair, nails, designer clothes, Range Rovers, husband in the stock market or acquiring wealth by other means, nouveau riche, all wealth, no class]. After saying all that do I really want to be like them [no], so maybe I don't want the same as them [can't help myself]. They're so pretty and perfect and have all the nice stuff, it's really hard not to compete and to step out of the game! Maybe we should move somewhere else!? : )

Cheffie-Mom said...

Never tried one but I have a friend that loves hers! Love your latest posts :) Sorry I have not been blogging lately! I have been taping shows which I am excited about because I was able to post them on my blog YAY!! If you get a chance to check it out, then let me know what you think. www.dishingwithdebbie.com The more feedback I get the better I can make the segments :) Also, your stories are great and my whole idea behind this show is for other moms to share real stories like you do. Sponsors are donating neat prizes like chocolate baskets and mini-chef aprons and way cool cookery stuff. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.