Wednesday 13 February 2008

Blue Wednesday


Hey.


Today has been very flat, and not at all full of good cheer.

At my office, one person I know was made redundant yesterday, four more were chopped today, and another six are due to go tomorrow. As you can imagine the atmosphere is very solemn; in fact it's like working at a wake.

To top that, the two new jobs husband has been going after look to be leading nowhere. One he has written off himself, and the other, which he quite fancied, well they just don't seem to know what criteria they want to recruit!

Which means he's not feeling too chirpy, and on top of that he's been on a course for the past two days and has had to sit in traffic for HOURS. He hates sitting in traffic.

Plus, Peanut is tired and irritable after a late-ish night on Saturday, and busy days on Sunday and Monday!

Woohoo! Hey, at least we're all ok physically. No winter colds or vomiting bugs [Latte Mommy, Oh Mommy].

Roll on the weekend.

4 comments:

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Big hugs to you! I hope your job is safe!

Beth

Unknown said...

Vent away, my dear! That's what your blog is for. Way to look at the bright side though...no sickees - everyone is sick except for you and me!!

Agnes Miller said...

My job is fine, well at least for now. They've been reviewing 4 specific departments, of which I'm not one, so I've known for a few weeks that I'll be fine. It's just the atmosphere...

And anyway, it's Valentines Day today so at least there's romance to look forward to!???

lattemommy said...

Glad to see your comment above - after reading your post I was getting a little worried for you!

Cheer that hubby up with a little Valentine lovin' tonight (and maybe make a little Peanut 2 while you're at it!) *grin*