Tuesday 19 February 2008

Baby pink or baby blue?


Legend would have us believe that the ancient Chinese gender prediction chart was found in a royal tomb over 700 years ago.


If you believe in its abilities, it’s apparently able to predict the gender of your unborn child based on your age at the time of conception and the month in which you conceive.

I don’t know whether to believe in it or not but for curiosity, and to keep my mind off other aspects of my non-pregnancy, I decided to look it up again today.

I say again because I also looked it up when pregnant with Peanut and I have to say on that occasion it was spot on. It’s said to be over 90% accurate, but we’re also warned to take it all with a pinch of ancient salt. There isn’t much scientific evidence to back it up, but some say it’s meant to have something to do with the phase of the moon and the acidity in the woman’s uterus. Hmm.

So anyway, here’s how you use it…

To predict your child’s gender [or try to confirm the gender of your unborn baby] you need to use your LUNAR age at the time of conception. To work out your lunar age, just add two years to your real age.

Look up your lunar age along the top row of the chart below [click on the chart for a bigger, better look] and then find the month of conception down the left-hand column. Follow the column and row until the two intersect and hey presto you have the gender of your baby!



Which means that if I am indeed pregnant right now and I just don’t know it yet, I would be having a boy!

Sarah, give it a go and let me know whether it’s right for Lance and what it predicts you’re expecting now…let’s test this ancient theory!

4 comments:

lattemommy said...

I've heard about this before, but never actually checked. Turns out it's 50/50 for me - wrong on my first pregnancy, right on my second.

Sarah said...

It was right for lance and it says that this one would be a girl, i guess we will find out in 39 days if it is right!

Erin said...

It was right for me and Petunia!

Unknown said...

I remember doing this and it was right on. Have you ever done that ?Ukrainian? thing with the wedding ring on a string, over the belly? That one was right on, also.