Tuesday 12 February 2008

Virgin Meme


I got my first meme tag! [Thanks Huckdoll!]. After 45 days and 48 posts I now feel like a proper blogger in a world of proper bloggers.


Unfortunately for Huckdoll, her meme is about reading. Something I rarely do, well not fiction anyway [far too bloody practical for that]. It’s either magazines or non-fiction ‘how to’ books beside my bed!

Anyway, here are the instructions for my ‘Page 123’ meme:

1. pick up the nearest book [of at least 123 pages].
2. open the book to page 123.
3. find the fifth sentence.
4. post the next three sentences.
5. tag five people and then post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come and see.


Here goes…

My book is ‘Honey We’re Killing The Kids: The Ten Rules For Healthy And Happy Children’ by Kristina Murrin. Page 123 is within the ‘Discipline and Boundaries’ chapter.

If you can’t say no to yourself as an adult, your life will be driven by whim and impulse and you will find it difficult to delay gratification; falling victim to the ‘I want it now’ syndrome.

Although no is a negative word, it can be used to teach your child positive lessons. It’s a powerful word, however, so it’s important to learn how to use it properly.

I tag the following five lovely people, who I’m sure read more interesting books than I do!

Bliss in Bloom
Clever Girl Goes Blog
Latte Mommy
Life of a Valley Girl
Life with Lance

5 comments:

Valley Girl said...

Thanks! I'll be playing soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking part in the meme...more to come your way as I get them.

lattemommy said...

Oh! Thanks for the tag! I've been admiring this meme floating about, and hoping that it would come my way. I'm an avid reader, so this is right up my alley. I promise to do it in the next few days!

Erin said...

The book you quoted sounds interesing. I think I will have to check it out. Have you read "trees make the best moblies"? It's along the same lines and I thought eye opening.

lattemommy said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I posted my 123 book meme, if you want to read it!