Wednesday 27 February 2008

Birthday Eve


I’m really excited. I have three whole days off work. Which, when you tag on the weekend, is really five. FIVE whole days. Yippee!


Today was supposed to be a total ‘me’ day. I was going to drop Peanut at nursery, even though I didn’t really need to, and head out for a serious dose of West End shopping. All by myself.

How amazingly luxurious would that have been. I mean, I would actually have been able to saunter around perusing the racks until I found something I liked, instead of my usual grab and run.

So that was my plan, unfortunately Peanut thought of a different one.

Both Monday and Tuesday evenings Peanut has been a horror. Screaming, crying and misbehaving from pick up to bedtime. So, last night I decided I would keep her out of school and take her shopping with me. Hmm.

This morning she was still really grumpy and I just couldn’t face it, I knew it would be a disaster waiting to happen. An hour travelling by tube either way and an intensely busy city where she would need to be on the tightest of leashes to ensure I didn’t lose her. All of which would probably cause her to self-destruct.

So, no surprises when I tell you I decided against it. Thankfully for me husband has gallantly said I can shop on my birthday instead. All three of us are heading in to town tomorrow. I’m going to hit up the flagship stores for both Topshop and Zara [the bigger the better to give me the greatest selection of belly covering items to choose from!].

At husband’s suggestion we’re also going to give a Bugaboo a once over. I know, I can hardly believe he suggested it either!

And if I’m a really lucky girl we’ll go to the National Portrait Gallery to check out the Vanity Fair exhibition. Shopping and celebrity photos, what more could a superficial girl want.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fabulous! Better than if you went solo..have fun!

Also, when you get a chance, come check out my blog...I tagged you in a meme, but feel free to save it up for a rainy day, you'll be busy :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you have a good time.

~melinda~ said...

your blog is great, and i must admit that i read it in my best faux-british accent. i can't get enough. :)

melinda

lattemommy said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like a fun day. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I stopped by the Portrait Gallery when I was in London a couple of years ago and LOVED it!! Sounds like such a fun day!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and showing some love and support, by the way. It's so nice to make the acquaintance of new bloggy friends...especially such nice ones!!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday!

Agnes Miller said...

Thank you for all your happy thoughts yesterday.

I had my Blackberry with me all day and your messages popping up in my inbox throughout the day brought a birthday smile to my face each time.

Agnes. x