Sunday 2 March 2008

Bad daughter, good daughter


Today is Mother’s Day and it’s one of the main reasons we decided to visit my mum and dad this weekend. Together with it having just been my birthday, it seemed a logical reason to visit this particular weekend, as opposed to any other.


Except I’m a bad daughter.

I forgot to load her card and present into our car and didn’t realise until we were an hour into our journey! I tried my very hardest yesterday to treat her to a new item of clothing to perk her up but nothing seemed to ignite a spark. Even though we did pay for our family meal out last night, nothing really gets past the stupidity of me forgetting her present! Sorry mum.

On the other hand, Peanut is a very, very, very good daughter.

While I was not alone in my absent-mindedness [husband also forgot to pack my present], he was off the hook as I could at least receive my gift from Peanut when we got home.

And what a nice gift it was. I received a huge Cinderella card, plus Series One of Grey’s Anatomy on DVD! She is such a good daughter, nine whole episodes of Justin Chambers and McDreamy!

Between husband’s sport and Peanut’s cbeebies I’m not sure when I’ll get to watch it. Though, if I remember right, husband is out this Wednesday evening so I think a night in with Justin may be on the cards.

Well, he will go out and play football…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool that your daughter is in tune to your celebrity crushes!

Is it really Mother's Day already over there?? I was more than a little afraid that I might have missed it completely.

OHmommy said...

That sounds like something only I would do. Forget a present 1/2 into the drive. Uggg! :)

lattemommy said...

I totally forgot that Mother's Day in the UK is way earlier than here. Happy Mother's Day!

Don't worry about your Mom's present - she got the best present of all - you and your family with her on her special day.

Agnes Miller said...

Mothers Day is always in March. Apparently it always falls 3 weeks before Easter, something I'd never realised before. And Easter is really early this year.

I used to always come unstuck when I lived in Australia as they didn't sell cards this early as it's in May over there!