Wednesday 12 March 2008

Busy body


Things are beginning to heat up at work so I'm having to rediscover my focus, boo hoo me.


It's been a while since I've had to give a damn, I kind of left my work ethic at the door after Christmas when I had the luxury of a couple of weeks off. Time away from the office made me re-evaluate my priorities and realise how much I wanted to be a stay at home mum.

So now, after 10 weeks of slacking off, I'm beginning to feel tinglings of conscientiousness [or maybe it's guilt?].

Either way I think it's brought on, in part, by the frightening awareness my whole team are about to bugger off on holiday for a couple of weeks, leaving me to lead the whole account with the aid of some temporary support [read: people who won't have a clue what to do and will need everything spelling out].

Which sucks. But at the same time it's good for my 'profile'. God I can't even type the word, that's how much I shy away from office politics!

Oh yeah, and then there's my body.

I've decided my body and I are no longer friends. My weight keeps creeping up even though I've been consciously choosing to eat much better food. Even Peanut asked the other day if there was a 'baby in your tummy?' I told her no, it was just full.

And then, to add insult to injury, Aunt Flo is driving me crazy with her continual visits. Just when you think she's gone, she comes back and pops her head round the door for one extra burst of hello. I have no idea what's going on with her. Suffice to say I am really confused about my cycle, my fertility and everything to do with my chances of conception!

I could be pregnant and her outbursts are being caused by a baby snuggling down inside me; I might be miscarrying and not know it; or I might be neither of the above and simply clueless about my dates this month! Thanks Aunt Flo. Do you think if I hang a 'you're not welcome' sign on my nice new front door she'll read it and take heed?

Must go write my very long list of things to do for tomorrow. Talk to you later.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad to see that you are back. I am sorry about womanly issues, and I hope you feel better soon. good luck with work too!

Unknown said...

You know, I lost all passion for my job when I decided to start having kids. All. I just felt like I was done with working and it was time to move on to the next chapter. I guess, I can relate to how you felt there.

Try and stick with the healthy eating. The biggest pitfall of dieting is when you start GAINING weight instead of losing. Happened to me when I went on Weight Watchers after the girls were born, but slowly turned around a month or so later. It really irked me though and made me want to quit altogether.

((HUGS)) Nice to see ya!!

Agnes Miller said...

I would do Weight Watchers quicker than I can type the words if I could. Worked a treat when I was planning my wedding but I can't diet because I'm trying to get pregnant. Dieting and fertility do not make a good combination.

It's not that I don't know how to fix myself, it's just that my hands are tied behind my back while I make a baby. You'd think all the trying would be enough to keep the weight off! Maybe hubby and I should try harder! He'll hate that I wrote that. : )

Agnes.

Cecily R said...

I am having the same stuck in a rut feelings lately. Blech. Good luck moving past the funk. Please let me in on the secret when you figure it out...