Saturday 22 March 2008

Two weeks and counting


This week was pretty rotten but I think maybe, just maybe, I might be climbing over the hill and seeing the rainbow on the other side.


Since my positive test last Sunday morning I've continued to endure moderate and erratic bleeding all week long. I apologise now if this is going to be too much info.

Monday was the loneliest day at work. I had no-one, absolutely no-one, I could talk to about what I was going through. The only person who knew I was trying to get pregnant is on holiday. It was the longest day ever. Each time I went to the loo I would be reminded of my predicament and I would analyse every visit [was it more or less than last time, and if more, what did that mean?]. It’s like I was sitting on a time bomb called miscarriage.

I visited my doctor on Tuesday evening and he told me there wasn’t anything he could do and that, unfortunately for me, I’d found out too early. If and when I reach 6 weeks along I can have an early scan [the heartbeat can be detected at that point] and until then the only thing I can do is play the waiting game. Hmmm.

So, two weeks and counting. On April 2nd I turn 6 weeks pregnant. If I’m still testing positive and bleeding I can go in for an early scan. If I’m still testing positive but no longer bleeding, I can thank my lucky stars and go ahead with normal booking in.

As of this minute, bleeding has been amazingly light light light today so I don’t want to count my chickens but maybe, just maybe, it really has been implant bleeding and maybe, just maybe, it’s coming to an end.

4 comments:

lattemommy said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for the best. The next two weeks are going to seem very long for you, I'm sure. Good luck!

mimbles said...

I really feel for you with this. It's horribly stressful having that uncertainty hanging over you.

I know just what it feels like too, with all 3 of my pregnancies I bled more or less constantly, though for the most part very lightly, right up to about 12 weeks! The thing that kept me sane during all that time was that I also had truly hideous morning sickness and every time I threw up it reassured me that I was definitely still pregnant :) I had early scans for each of them too, 7 weeks, 6 weeks and 5 weeks respectively.

*hugs* Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Best of luck, Agnes! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Erin said...

Gosh, I hope things are going well for you. I thought about you while we were in London. We had pretty crappy weather but it didn't stop us too much. Petunia got a nasty cold and that's what slowed us down. I am determined to go back and see the tons of stuff we missed. Thanks again for you recs and P love the SMA formula.