Saturday 8 March 2008

To blog or not to blog


that is the question.


I’m not sure I should carry on with my blog. Why, you may ask?

Well...

My husband reads my blog, which means I can’t always say everything I would want to say if it really were my journal.

My friend reads my blog, and when we meet up she already knows what’s been going on in my life.

Historically, I’m a quitter. I quit ballet, horse riding and brownies when I was little. I paid a full year at a gym but didn’t go beyond the induction. Actually, I’m such a quitter I'm not sure how I’ve managed to stay married and in my job for the past nine years!

I’m really fighting the urge to quit this right now.

I began to feel as if I spent more time writing about my life than actually living it.

I began to resent feeling compelled to post every night because that’s how I started and I felt any less would look to be slacking.

So. I cut back to every other night, which was better, but I still have the urge to quit.

There are millions of blogs out there and I just don’t think I have enough to say that’s any different.

On the flipside, I think if I were pregnant right now I would be fine as I think it would be really nice to record the whole experience.

I also think if I didn’t work full time I would feel better about posting as it wouldn’t get in the way quite like it does now. Right now we put Peanut to bed, eat dinner and then I sit with the laptop attached to me. It’s not exactly romantic and conducive to baby making if you know what I mean.

And then this morning, because I guess I’ve had a few days to myself, I found myself thinking of things I wanted to say.

Maybe that’s it, maybe I just need to blog without obligation, as Huckdoll would say.

Maybe I need my blog to be for me. Or maybe I quit the race and just enjoy being a part of everyone else’s journey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Agnes, blog for you, blog without obligation. Of course, I will be disappointed not reading you daily, heck, I love your blog and love reading the details of your days - each blogger offers something completely different and you and your blog are very unique and refreshing compared to many out there.

That said, I will miss you if you stop posting, but the moment you post - even if it's once a month, I will be here to read and comment, because I adore you.

Blogging should not feel anything but good, so go - take a break, go live life...go get pregnant and if and when you decide to come back, I will be here, girl!!

Good luck

<3 Huckdoll

Sarah said...

I would be sad if you went away, but I understand, whatever happens, I hope #2 comes soon for you.

Erin said...

Blogging should be for fun and not felt as an obligation, I quite agree. Don't worry about posting every day or even every other day just do it because you want to! And as with Huckdoll, I will be here to read and comment when you do post. And soon you will have a place to record another pregnancy and your family's life.