Tuesday 4 March 2008

Hot topic


We all know I’m not pregnant. We also all know what I think about my belly right now. Unfortunately for me I can’t seem to escape conversation about either of them this week. It’s as if the subject of baby versus belly is following me around! I kid you not.


Yesterday a very brave, very gay man at work asked me if I was having another baby. Does he not know you never ask a girl that question?! Apparently the subject was discussed at the pub the other evening. Do they really have nothing better to talk about than whether I spill over my jeans?

And then today, a good friend at work told me his wife had a dream I was pregnant. I don’t even know his wife but she’s seen my picture and somehow that was enough to cause her to dream about me having a baby.

No surprises when I say I didn’t actually mind the latter conversation as he, for once, wasn’t assuming I already was pregnant. And hey, you never know, what she dreamed just may come true! Imagine the spookiness if I fell pregnant this month, how funny would that be.

I am honestly trying to remedy my belly-without-a-baby scenario. You should have seen all the rabbit food I packed for lunch today. At one point my craving for chocolate was nearly out of control but I hung in there and by the end of the day I was feeling much less bloated, even a tiny weeny bit lean.

In a rather silly move on my part, I just totally buggered all my hard work because husband wanted chicken curry for dinner and I’m now completely stuffed!

Looks like I’ll be wearing another smock tomorrow. Let them talk!

2 comments:

lattemommy said...

Hell, fuel the gossip! It's so much more fun that way!

I'm sure you look fab - don't worry about your belly.

Unknown said...

Were you wearing a shirt that said, "PREGNANT" by chance? You know, the style these days - with the flowing belly areas - always gets me confused about whether one is pregnant or not. Not like I would every ask though. Shame on that guy!!